Due to insistent and popular demands from many parents, the Philippine Board of Studies Foundation, Inc. with a special arrangement with University of New South Wales Educational Assessment Australia (EAA) will spearhead the International Competitions and Assessment for Schools (ICAS)-Mathematics for Grades 1, 2 and 3 on August 19, 2009.
Thus, early grade schoolers with strong math inclination can now harness their math prowess through joining the International Competitions and Assessment for Schools (ICAS)-Mathematics which assesses mathematical skills in a range of contexts. The content of the papers is divided into the strands of:
- Number and Arithmetic involves types of numbers, their properties and operations on numbers. The strand has strong links with Measures & Units, Algebra & Patterns and Chance & Data. It also has some links with Space & Geometry.
- Algebra and Patterns involves patterns of numbers, relationships between numbers and the use of symbols to stand for unknown or variable numbers.
- Measures and Units involve properties of the physical world that can be measured, the units used to measure them and the process of measurement.
- Space and Geometry involves the properties of two-dimensional and three-dimensional space and;
- Chance and Data involves mathematical treatment of data and statistics. The content of the papers changes gradually from Paper A to Paper J, and the test questions become more complex and require greater thought at higher levels.
The registration fee of Php. 500.00 shall be charged from every interested participant who will deposit the amount to:
- Bank Name: BPI Bank (Zamboanga City Branch)
- Account Name: Philippine Board of Studies Foundation Inc.
- Peso Account No.: 2111-0217-27
Depositor should write the participant’s complete name, grade/year level base on the school year 2009-2010, school name, and kind of contest to be participated (2009 ICAS-Mathematics) on the deposit slip and ENDORSE it to your respective school Mathematics Coordinator who will collate all the deposit slips and submit together with the Registration Form to the PBOS Office:
- Mr. Jomari Bandejas
- Philippine Board of Studies Foundation Inc.
- 4/F Unit 3, Ramon & Delfina Bldg. Tomas Claudio Street,
- Zamboanga City
- Mobile No.: 09238133420
Note: We will not accept deposit slip and registration from sent thru fax or email.