For those ICAS Math participants who will take the competition in the morning which will start at exactly 8:30 a.m. at Grace Christian College are advised to proceed immediately to their Room Assignment which can be viewed here:
Please do not forget these following reminders:
- The ICAS-Mathematics participants must bring a pencil- 2B or B (not Pen) and an eraser during the competition.
- Bringing of dictionaries, mobile phones, pagers and other personal electronic devices are strictly prohibited in the contest.
- Students must have a ruler marked in millimeters (mm).
- The participants are expected to be in their complete school uniform.
Papers A, B, C, D and E
- Calculators are not permitted.
- Formal algebra is not tested: the emphasis is on pattern, structure and puzzles
- Formal geometry is not tested (except for a small amount in Paper E): the emphasis is spatial skills.
Papers F, G, H
- Calculators are required.
- Formal algebra is tested and students are expected to be familiar with some conventions of algebra.
- Formal geometry is tested and students are expected to be familiar with some conventions of geometry.
[table “25” not found /]